December 30, 2021
Boulder County Fires
The Boulder County Republicans will be collecting donations specifically for 2 families who have been involved with the local party.
If you know of others, please contact our Chairman Theresa Watson at: email@example.com
Below is a message from our state party Chairman that has other places where you can help.
Dear Colorado Republicans,
As we close out 2021, our state has experienced a tragic week. Between another shooting in Denver and Lakewood and the fires in Boulder, Louisville, Superior, and the surrounding area, Colorado is hurting. But, as one of my favorite Republicans in Boulder told me yesterday, “so many everyday heroes are doing what Coloradans do so well to pull through.”
We are more than a state. We are a community. A family. And in this time of need, let’s band together once again and support each other. Let’s pray, and let’s act.
Here are several options for giving to our Colorado neighbors who lost their homes in yesterday’s fire:
- YMCA of Northern Colorado, accepting donations (blankets, pillows, dog and cat food) at their location: 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette, CO 80026. You can follow their updates for what supplies are needed: https://twitter.com/YMCANOCO?s=20
- You can donate money, discounted services, or sign up to volunteer through the Boulder Office of Emergency Management’s form here: https://bouldercounty.wufoo.com/forms/donations/.
- If you can offer your home or a place for displaced people to stay, you can sign up to be a vetted Airbnb host here: https://www.airbnb.com/for-airbnb-org/how-to-host. The Airbnb Open Homes Program will notify you if your offer is needed.
- If you want to volunteer for ongoing clean-up and rebuilding efforts, there will likely be a variety of options to serve. In 2013, Samaritan’s Purse recruited volunteers to help Lyons, Colorado, recover from flooding (https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/severe-flooding-in-colorado/).
- If they come back, there will be a sign-up option available here in the near future: https://spvolunteer.org.
A list of current shelters is available here: https://kdvr.com/news/local/here-are-the-evacuation-centers-for-multiple-wildfires-near-boulder/.
Senator Paul Lundeen has posted a list of other important information, including road closures, where to find lost pets, and the best source for emergency updates: https://www.paullundeen.org/news/2021/12/30/resources-donations-support-for-those-impacted-by-boulder-county-firesnbsp.
In the midst of this tragedy, let’s remember that we can make sure good things still happen in Colorado by being the kindness we want to see. Let’s pray and act together for our neighbors.
Chairwoman | Colorado GOP